Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
Lecturer: Wolfgang Utschick and Tobias Laas
Target Audience: Master EI and MSCE
Next Exam: tbd (no responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information)
This lab is offered in both winter and summer terms.
Lab Hours in Summer Semester 2019
|Tuesday||09:00 – 13:00||N1110B|
|Kick-Off Meeting: Friday, 2019-04-26 at 13:15.|
This lab deals with the basics of digital signal processing on a digital signal processor. There is space for up to sixteen students. Analysis and design is done via MATLAB and implementation on Texas Instrument TMS320C6416 fixed-point digial signal processor. The lab is separated into eight units. The topics are as follows:
1) Introduction to hardware & software tools of TMS320C6416 DSK.
2) Sampling theory, D/A-, A/D-conversion and signal generation.
3) Discrete-time signals and systems, linear coefficients difference equations and realization structures, convolution and correlation
4) Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) and Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) algorithms
5) Introduction to z-transform and its properties
6) Digital FIR filters design
7) Digital IIR filters design
8) Filter Banks